During this initial period of very few boats on or booked to arrive on the water, the launch will run at the following times:
- This service is being run at present by Colin plus a team of volunteers, and will be extended as soon as finances permit.
NEW ARRANGEMENTS ON THE LAUNCH (DUE TO COVID 19)
- Call the launch on channel 37/M1 on the vhf - no queuing on the slip or groyne - there is a vhf set outside the Bosun Locker door if you don't have one. Make sure the one on your boat works!
- The launch will take out a party to one boat only at a time.
- The launch driver has to stay 2m distant from you - so keep to the front and no hugging Colin even if you are delighted to get back on the water.
- The 'touch points' on the launch will be sprayed after each journey.
QUICK RUN THROUGH OF THE RETURNING TO BOATING TIMETABLE AS WE UNDERSTAND IT FROM WELSH GOV SPEECH 2020-06-20
- Lifting the restrictions on outdoor sports courts but social distancing must be maintained. No contact or team sports will be allowed
- The requirement to stay local and not generally travelling more than 5 miles from home remains in place. However, new guidance will make it clear people are able to travel outside their local area on compassionate grounds.
- Ministers have decided to lift the requirement to stay local on 6 July, provided the conditions allow. With the requirement lifted, people will be able to travel to tourist attractions across Wales. - and boats!!!
9th July - Next Review
- will consider a range of specific options for opening Self-contained holiday accommodation; and the First Minister said yesterday:
“I know the wider tourism industry is keen to reopen and to salvage some of this summer’s season. I am therefore signalling owners of self-contained accommodation should use the next three weeks to prepare to re-open, working with their local communities.
- Hits: 157
The Sailing Events Planning 2020 meeting held yesterday 15th February was a really good event with a good turnout and some great work put in by all those attending. Sue (Commodore) introduced the meeting and made sure everyone knew who was who then split the audience into 2 groups one for racing and one for cruising.
The discussions went on for slightly longer than planned but the outcomes from the two groups were presented by Marina and Becca. There will be a formal report on the meeting and planned strategy shortly.
Many thanks to all those who gave their input...
- Hits: 1215
- Hits: 1439
It is with regret that we inform our members of the death of
Our flag is at half-mast for her.
Tuesday Feb 4 at 1.20 in Macclesfield Crematorium, and afterwards at the Rugby Club, Priory Park Lane, Macclesfield SK10 4AF.
Donations please to Breast Cancer Awareness or the British Heart Foundation.
A number of people will be going from the club and we will arrange transport. So if you want to be added to the list let the bar staff know.
- Hits: 702
Page 1 of 14