Holyhead Sailing Club is ideally located in Holyhead Harbour with its historic harbour wall, the longest in the UK giving safe access at all states of the tide. The Sailing Club has swinging moorings with a launch service manned daily throughout the season. Holyhead Harbour is ideal for cruising to locations in Ireland, the Isle of Man and Scotland. A lively and social club we hold regular sailing and social events, cruises, racing for dinghies, squibs and yachts
The following is an extract from the minute book of the Porth -y-Felin Sailng club from which this club is descended.
"The object of forming this sailing boat club is first, to draw together the members in a friendly companionship as the opportunity arises, second, to qualify the members of the Club in the management of small sailing craft and third, for a pleasure resort to those who wish to enjoy themsleves in such sport in their leisure hours."
To this end Holyhead Sailing club members have nearly 300 boats ranging from Optimist Dinghies to large bluewater cruisers. There is a thriving Dinghy Racing fleet, a substantial Squib Racing fleet and over 200 cruisers and cruiser/racers many of whom regularily take part in club events.
The club has RYA Training Centre Status
- Hits: 7249
Membership Classes and Rates 2019
Membership Rates for new members in their first year are shown below:
The forms for the various classes can be seen by following the links below: from each page they can be downloaded as a PDFs. Please send your completed form by email, post or bring it to the office. Click this link for Contact Details:
- Hits: 3150
During this initial period of very few boats on or booked to arrive on the water, the launch will run at the following times:
- This service is being run at present by Colin plus a team of volunteers, and will be extended as soon as finances permit.
NEW ARRANGEMENTS ON THE LAUNCH (DUE TO COVID 19)
- Call the launch on channel 37/M1 on the vhf - no queuing on the slip or groyne - there is a vhf set outside the Bosun Locker door if you don't have one. Make sure the one on your boat works!
- The launch will take out a party to one boat only at a time.
- The launch driver has to stay 2m distant from you - so keep to the front and no hugging Colin even if you are delighted to get back on the water.
- The 'touch points' on the launch will be sprayed after each journey.
QUICK RUN THROUGH OF THE RETURNING TO BOATING TIMETABLE AS WE UNDERSTAND IT FROM WELSH GOV SPEECH 2020-06-20
- Lifting the restrictions on outdoor sports courts but social distancing must be maintained. No contact or team sports will be allowed
- The requirement to stay local and not generally travelling more than 5 miles from home remains in place. However, new guidance will make it clear people are able to travel outside their local area on compassionate grounds.
- Ministers have decided to lift the requirement to stay local on 6 July, provided the conditions allow. With the requirement lifted, people will be able to travel to tourist attractions across Wales. - and boats!!!
9th July - Next Review
- will consider a range of specific options for opening Self-contained holiday accommodation; and the First Minister said yesterday:
“I know the wider tourism industry is keen to reopen and to salvage some of this summer’s season. I am therefore signalling owners of self-contained accommodation should use the next three weeks to prepare to re-open, working with their local communities.
- Hits: 157
- Hits: 1439
The Sailing Events Planning 2020 meeting held yesterday 15th February was a really good event with a good turnout and some great work put in by all those attending. Sue (Commodore) introduced the meeting and made sure everyone knew who was who then split the audience into 2 groups one for racing and one for cruising.
The discussions went on for slightly longer than planned but the outcomes from the two groups were presented by Marina and Becca. There will be a formal report on the meeting and planned strategy shortly.
Many thanks to all those who gave their input...
- Hits: 1215
Page 1 of 28